Friday, January 18, 2008

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order


League started last night. I didn't play in a match, but I did play very well.

Since starting my resolution, I've blown it off every chance I've gotten... and I'm ok with that.

I played my team captain... he played well, but not top of his game. We played 3 sets of 8ball.
First was a race to five... he won the first rack, then I won 3 in a row, then he caught up so we were at 3/3, then we went back and forth ending at 5/4 - Rabbit

I got another beer for the both of us, and we started a race to 3

he won the first 2 and then I took 1... he won that match.
1/3 - Cap'n

It was getting a bit late and we both had to work in the morning, so we wrapped the night up with a cozy race to 2.

I made a stupid sell out on the 8 at the end of the 2nd game and he won that one. But I took the match
2/1 - Rabbit


I was in stroke... I felt good and I wasn't over thinking every freaking shot.
It was nice... a lot more like practice. Easier to develop a rhythm and see the patterns.
Being in stroke gives me greater satisfaction than many things... here's a list to give you a better idea:

Likes
I like it when blinkers on different cars are in sync at a stop light.
When the rain is warm
When people bend the rules without offending anyone, and no one complains about it.
I like it when the guy in front of me sees my blinker and inches forward so I can get in the turn lane.

and for balance... the Dislikes

When people talk to me when I'm reading... psh, like I read that often
Myspace profiles that make the music Auto-Play (I HATE that)
I don't like people that run red lights.
People that can't appreciate a good defensive play/safety in billiards
Stupid simple movies created solely for the purpose of profit
Music videos that show the band playing for no apparent reason

When the TV is turned up louder than it has to be



The most difficult part of this night were 2 girls running around offering free drinks of this new Miller Chill crap. They're cute and outgoing... just as a beer girl should be... and I'm thinking my Cap'n might want to pick up on one. So I'm trying to play wing for him a little, but still pay attention to the game.
A difficult balance.

It's ok though, because I still won.
Ahhh... the joys of winning.


"abstemious" and "facetious." (a-e-i-o-u)

1 Comments:

adhesive remover said...

throw in "facetiously" and you've got the "y", too